For their 14th release, the Bournemouth-based Eclectics label heads to Italy and brings back the Papa Doc Aguila EP from Max Manetti (Uber/Music For Dreams).
Four proper slo-mo afro beat, balearic chuggers to choose from, all well worth a place in your collection.
The label will be pressing up their first vinyl release in strictly limited numbers, available through Qrates here.
Three lush remixes of the summer release, the ‘My Friend Dario mix’ gets the nod from me slow, dreamy, sedated even…
Beautiful sunset sounds from the Coyote boys on Music for Dreams.
I recently found a couple of Cafe del Mar mixtapes, vols 2 & 8, I’m guessing they were bought in Summer 1991 (?) from legendary resident DJ Jose Padilla who used to sell them from behind the decks. He got bored of my nagging him for track id’s so he let me copy the track lists from his notebook. Maybe I’ll dig out the cassette deck and digitise them sometime, but for now here’s the track list and some links for volume 2. It’s a seminal collection, the Balearic blue print of ambient, electronics, classical, new-age, film scores and rock all going into the mix…
- Wally Baderou – Mt. Fuji and the Mime
- Jean-Michel Jarre – Souvenir of China
- Yello – Blue Green
- Wally Baderou – The Dachstein Angels
- Penguin Cafe Orchestra – Perpetuum Mobile
- Jon & Vangelis – I hear you now
- Steve Miller – Wild Honey
- Laurie Anderson – White lily
- Laurie Anderson – Radar
- Marianne Faithfull – The Hawk
- Astor Piazolla – Regresso al Amor
- Mark Isham – Interest Persued
- Art of Noise – Moments in Love
- Jean-Michel Jarre – Oxygene